So you evicted him, Mr. Kaiser?

Posted June 27th, 2007 by Joe Kaiser

So yes, we threw the deadbeat tenants' butts out on to the street without giving it a second thought.

Key to your case against me is locating sellers in foreclosure I rescued who were subsequently evicted from their homes.

It’s the common “foreclosure rescue scam” scenario and all your office understands, frankly. And that’s why my deposition focused in part on Butch the Biker’s property, a little place up near Tukwila.

Yes, we evicted, and it was obvious your staff was thrilled to have discovered this transaction, confirming their claims I’m an investor up to no good.

Sorry to disappoint

We’d worked a partnership deal with Butch the Biker and sure, we did evict, but Butch the Biker didn’t live at that particular property and we actually evicted his tenants.

Tenants Butch the Biker couldn’t wait to get rid of.

Not only had they trashed the place, they weren’t paying rent and Butch the Biker was at risk of losing his free and clear rental house to foreclosure. He was in the upcoming tax sale, needed help, and delighted we were there to lend a hand.

So yes, we threw the deadbeat tenants’ butts out on to the street without giving it a second thought (it’s often a messy business, this foreclosure thing we do).

but that was only step one

Over the next few months we completely rehabbed the property, spending upwards of $60k (if memory serves) to bring it back into shape.

And the community, of course, was delighted to see the neighborhood’s ugliest house all cleaned up and looking better than new.

Butch the Biker, as you might imagine, was thrilled.

He’d stop by every couple weeks to see our progress and never left without telling the guys how happy he was about the way things were going with the rehab.

And then Butch the Biker died.

We were saddened to hear of his passing. He seemed like a really nice guy and I’m certain would have put the eventual profits to good use.

enter the estate

Soon thereafter, we heard from his estate, inquiring about the property and what the heck was going on with Butch the Biker’s house over there in Tukwila.

We explained the situation and let the Personal Rep know it was on the market and would likely be sold soon.

He was glad to hear there was money coming and went on to tell me that Butch the Biker had left everything to two little nieces in hopes it would pay for their education.

In any case, we got it sold and Butch the Biker’s estate received nearly $60,000.00 as his share of the profits.

perfect in every way

This partnership with Butch the Biker was a perfect foreclosure rescue in every possible way.

We stopped the foreclosure, got rid of his problem tenants, completely restored the home, sold it for top dollar and sent a monster check off to his estate when it finally closed.

Whew!

And his two little nieces have their college education paid for, which I’m sure would have delighted their sweet uncle Butch.

Three guesses what your office calls this transaction, Rob.

Ugh, a foreclosure rescue scam?

Bingo.

7 Responses to: “So you evicted him, Mr. Kaiser?”

1. Seth responds:
    Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 6:33 am

Hurl the rock toward the giant’s head, Joe. Go for his temple.

Godspeed

Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 8:04 am

Seth,

I’m just going to hurl the truth. It’s much more damaging.

3. Seth responds:
    Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 8:47 am

Roger that.

4. Brad Crouch responds:
    Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 10:54 am

One thing I have learned very well, is that things are not always as they seem.

This story leaves me wondering why the AG’s staff doesn’t investigate IN DEPTH? One would think that when it comes to the law and accusing anyone of wrongdoing, that discovering the ACTUAL WHOLE TRUTH would be paramount.

This looks to me like superficial investigating only, on the part of the AG’s office. A shame really when you consider that the AG’s office is supposed to be the example of “fact finding” for ALL the residents of Washington State.

Brad Crouch

Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 11:09 am

Brad,

How much further in depth would you have them go?

They’ve spent years and $300k in taxpayer money investigating EVERYTHING. I don’t think that’s the issue at all.

To me at least, it’s obvious.

They went into this thing believing foreclosure investing is a bad thing, that foreclosure investors are scam artists, that people in foreclosure are victims waiting to happen, and that any profits resulting are evidence of a scam taking place.

That’s why they can call up my lenders and say, “do you know they’re investing your money in FORECLOSURES?!”

When you start from that position, nothing I do will convince you otherwise.

And once you’ve invested $300k, do you really think it’s possible to say, “oops.” They’re in too deep and there is no elegant way to extract themselves from this situation now.

That can only mean fireworks will be coming soon; I guarantee it.

Admitting you were wrong, after spending all that money and going public with the whole bogus FORECLOSURE RESCUE SCAM nonsense isn’t likely to happen.

Nobody has stepped forward to admit they were wrong in Monte’s case, and no one will step forward to admit they were wrong in mine.

I accept that, and I deal with it.

6. Save our Police responds:
    Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 5:35 pm

Sometimes law enforcement agencies get so focused on what they *think* is the motive that they ignore what really happened. In my experience in law enforcement (almost thirty years) I have seen this happen time and time again. It’s not normally done intentionally, it just happens. That sounds like what may have taken place here.

On the other hand, there are those times, like the now famous Duke Lacrosse case, where the prosecutor has crossed the line and becomes the criminal himself. Perhaps that’s the case here, Joe.

Not a comforting thought, is it?

Posted: June 27th, 2007 at 7:26 pm

No way to know, I suppose, exactly where they’re at, (and me not really caring at the moment).

It is what it is. They do what they do. We deal with the nonsense.

And I have a very good attorney.