My Offer to Settle

Posted July 22nd, 2007 by Joe Kaiser

I think it's fair and more importantly, puts an end to this nonsense.

I propose we settle.

Yes, I’d very much like to put this matter behind me so I can get back to the business of helping people save their homes from foreclosure.

To that end, I’ve created an offer to settle.

my proposal

As to the settlement agreement you reached with my ex-partner, not going there.

As to a consent decree?

Pretty much ditto the above.

But, I’m willing to be reasonable, in spite of now having to live with the damage your office has unjustly inflicted upon my family and me.

Here’s what I’ll need to feel good about walking away from this thing . . .

#1 – AN APOLOGY

Your office, under your signature, will issue a press release that simply says, “We were wrong, we’re sorry, and it won’t happen again.”

You can dress it up a little if you like, but that’s the gist of it.

It will not be watered down, and there can be no possibility anyone will be uncertain about what’s taken place and how it’s ended:

You were wrong, you’re sorry, and it won’t happen again.

#2 – MAKE GOOD

Your office makes good on both the Monte Kline travesty and my ex-partner’s settlement matter.

As to Mr. Kline, you agree to stop arguing about the expenses he incurred during the five years of abuse he suffered at the hands of the Office of the Washington State Attorney General.

Just give him the money he’s documented he paid to defend himself. That’s the fair thing to do.

As to my ex-partner, you agree to tear up that ridiculous settlement agreement, give him back his money and cancel the consent decree your office pressured him, under the threat of financial ruin, into signing.

Likewise, it’s only fair.

that’s it

You do those two things and we’re all back to square one with everyone restored, at least in part, to their pre-Kringled lives.

This offer is good through Friday, July 27th, and is subject to the approval of my attorney. If you’re interested in settling, now would be a good time to contact him to let him know.

As to changes?

Ugh, no.

Further negotiations?

Not interested.

Minor adjustments?

Not gonna happen.

I think it’s a win/win.

8 Responses to: “My Offer to Settle”

1. David Zemens responds:
    Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Good luck, Joe. Your story is compelling and your posts are terrific. It’s easy even for a layman to see what is going on here.

I hope he settles. But I bet he won’t. After all, he’s playing with house money and you are playing with your own funds. He just doesn’t give a damn as a result.

2. BikerJim responds:
    Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 5:17 pm

I’m impressed with how generous your offer is……..certainly better than he’ll fare should his office choose to ignore the offer and take this to full trial.

Sadly, I agree with the other poster, the AG will probably not settle. It’s something in the water at political conventions that make these folks lose site of logic. Trust me, been there, done that, and still recovering from being a politicians kid.

I’ve always felt the way to really get someones attention, aside from pulling at their heart strings…..which this AG seems to not have, it to hit em in the wallet.

As a politician, he’s elected, and if not re-elected, his bread and butter dry up, and even more so if he’s humiliated. Why not take out a small ad in the Washington state Capital newspaper, whatever it is, pointing folks here.

Maybe e-mail all the state legislators, or at the very least, your local reps, complaining about the FLAGRANT mis-use of your tax dollars, for a witch hunt.

Might be fun to post an email list of all state legislators here on the blog and allow all their consituents an easy way to voice their discomfort with the AG’s use of his power.

Whatever you do, keep up the fight, this moron really needs to learn a thing or two about karma. What comes around goes around, always has, always will.

Take care,
    BikerJim

3. spyboy responds:
    Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Greetings,

Now, print it up, get it duly authenticated, and send it directly to him, registered, return receipt requested, so that he has documented both “actual notice”, and you have a record of your attempt to mitigate. Make it of real force and effect in the context of the dispute.

When you play in their sandbox, play ( as much as you are able ) by the playground rules. After all, they are there to protect you, allegedly.

Thank You.
    SpyBoy

Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 5:23 pm

Thanks David.

And you’re probably right about settling. Just thought I’d put it out there, all things considered.

Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 5:41 pm

Spyboy, I have a very good attorney handling things here, so I’ll let him handle any actual settlement

6. spyboy responds:
    Posted: July 22nd, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Greetings,

Come on Joe, I’m not talking about the actual settlement agreement.

Take proactive steps to establish the record that the Atty. Gens. office may be pursuing you without any factual substantiation, and may have ulterior motives.

It would be the rare private atty. ( I mean very rare, particularly a real estate specialist ) who would have the knowledge or the moxie to strategize a potential malicious prosecution. No offense againt your atty. though, just a fact.

Thank You.
    SpyBoy

Posted: July 23rd, 2007 at 12:13 am

You can be sure, SpyBoy, he’s on it.

Posted: July 23rd, 2007 at 7:08 am

Maybe there is something in the Tacoma water, as well. You must be drinking really bad Kool-aid! Your offer to settle is WAAAAAY too generous! I didn’t see any demand about the AG “making good” insofar as YOUR OWN damage is concerned.

Believe it Joe, you have been damaged. My guess is the countless hours spent defending yourself from the ankle-biters in the AG’s office (including time spent on this blog) don’t pay anywhere close to the time lost not being able to knock down more deals instead. Not to mention added stress and loss of sleep. How do you get your life and reputation back? What is that worth? How do you place a price tag on that?

You are organized enough to know what you are worth when going at it full tilt. While you probably can’t claim forgone profits, there should be something there for your “time and trouble.” Only fair, I’d say. You have a ton of time invested, and their zeal has caused you a boatload of trouble.

Dave