Let’s Not Get Personal Here

Posted October 19th, 2007 by Joe Kaiser

I’ve been told time and time again that I need to make sure I don’t let this blog get out of hand by making things personal.

And while that’s solid advice, I’ve got to tell you, it isn’t easy, particularly when I discover what you’re up to . . .

shadel1.jpg

I find it remarkable.

Malicious Optimization

Clicking the image above takes you to the exploded view and is much more readable, but here’s the text itself . . .

Cheryl called last week and reminded me that we should use both Joe and Joseph in our press re: Kaiser so that when people google his name, our complaint/press will come up. I’ve googled his name both ways and it’s odd, but nothing about our case comes up.

Kristen, do you know if we have a link to our complaint on our website, would Kaiser’s name come up in a google search?— Renee Shadel

It’s apparent among Cheryl “No Complaints, No Problem” Kringle and Renee “Just Walk Away” Shadel, at least, it is personal.

Why else would they be so determined my name attaches to your office’s bogus press release?

Malicious Optimization

Kristen Alexander responds to Renee’s email with a possible explanation . . .

alexander1.jpg

Here’s that text . . .

Google probably hasn’t crawled that page or our site yet. I will add both names to the meta tags.— Kristin Alexander
Public Information Officer

So, Kristin goes about the process of Search Engine Optimization to make sure your press release pops up any time someone Googles my name.

Lovely.

Malicious Optimization

Apparently, that wasn’t good enough because minutes later, Renee responds . . .

shadel2.jpg

And that text looks like this . . .

When we searched today with Joe Kaiser and Joseph Kaiser, the press release did not come up. Kim put in “Joseph Kaiser” investor and it came up. Were both of his names added? Can you think of anything else we can do so when a consumer types in Joe Kaiser, our press release comes up?— Renee Shadel

Huh?

“Can you think of anything else we can do so when a consumer types in Joe Kaiser, our press release comes up?”

I’m just glad it’s not anything personal, Rob.

Malicious Optimization

You posted a press release you know is so error-filled that when I pointed out its many defects you rushed to modify it and finally, take it down like it never happened.

It happened, and that’s bad enough.

But when you put it back up once you’d realized taking it down confirmed your culpability, you showed the world that the facts don’t matter and your office will do or say whatever it wants to make its case.

And that is disgusting.

Malicious Optimization

Wait . . . it gets better, because now it’s not just libelous. Heck no. Now it’s been optimized for vilification purposes as well.

Now consumers can more easily discover the Office of the Washington State Attorney General’s scandalous statements about me stealing homes from people in foreclosure. Statements you know, with absolute certainty, are completely untrue.

I’m no attorney, Rob, but that’s the textbook definition of libel.

Personal?

You’d better believe it is.

16 Responses to: “Let’s Not Get Personal Here”

Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 12:32 am

Sue, like there is no tomorrow.

2. Drew H. responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 7:41 am

As attorney’s you would think they know what you can and cannot communicate to each other with. Things leave paper trails. They would make horrible spies. Their first mistake was to come after someone who has a passion for things, their second was to come after someone who wasn’t in the wrong. I can’t wait when Yahoo and MSN pick up the story, you won’t have to optimize it then, because it will be all over the news headlines, and I’m sure we all know someone will make sure it gets out there for the world to see. I sure hope the AG isn’t publicly voted into his position, cause it won’t last long. Joe is he related to Alberto Gonzalez? Maybe it runs in the attorney blood.

Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 8:10 am

Amazing that Kringle, who is no longer a member of the AG’s staff is still keeping up and being apprised on this matter as well as plotting to put you completely out of business. It may even be fair to say that these racketeers are conspiring to extort money from a private citizen to make them go away.

Joe, it may be time to call out the big guns and expose this matter to the light of day. The local media is so far in bed with these folks, especially in your neck of the woods, it would be counter productive to even think of going there. You need to go national. Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity run stories like this, government gone wild, all the time. You might even be able to get Rush Limbaugh on board as he too has been a victim of these sorts of tactics.

They’re playing hardball in the big leagues Joe and it’s time for you to grab your Louisville Slugger and step up to the plate!

4. Vlad responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 9:02 am

They say there is no such thing as Quick Sand. The chaotic movements of the victim to be makes it such…

5. Vlad responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 9:28 am

Also, you notice how receptive the AG’s staff is to the use of verbs created in recent years – “Googled” in this case.

I’ve got the feeling they will have to be just as receptive to a brand new one about to be indoctrinated: “Nifonged”… :-)

Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 10:34 am

Joe, I like the stand your making. It brings to mind some quotes. I’m not a fan of the following historical figures, -except for Jimmy Stewart, However, in trying to motivate the American public, they’ve each turned a phrase or two of abiding truth.

“There comes a time … when you just have to stand up for what you believe in. Maybe you’ll have to throw yourself on your sword for the cause … maybe backing your principals will cost you something, maybe something you think you can’t live without … like your job, or your popularity or the respect of your colleagues. ‘

“But there’s something more important than those things, ultimately — and that’s self-respect. Without it, your dreams will dog you, your actions will haunt you and you’ll end up sabotaging yourself again and again, because of all the opinions you listen to, your own inner-voice is the most critical. ”

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    Jimmy Stewart, 1939
    Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLv8vOlF9E

“Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves.”
    – Winston Churchill

“But there comes a time when soft power or talking with evil will not work where, unfortunately, hard power is the only thing that works.”
    -General Colin Powell

“There comes a time in the affairs of men when they must prepare to defend not their homes alone but the tenets of faith and humanity on which their churches, their governments and their very foundations are set. The defense of religion, of democracy and of good faith among nations is all the same fight. To save one, we must now make up our minds to save all. ”
    – Franklin D. Roosevelt

7. Brian responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 11:21 am

This is my new favorite blog. Good stuff, Joe.

Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Brian and anyone else so inclined, please pass the word around. I think it’s time to get the traffic numbers up a bit.

9. Bruce responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

It is chilling what government will do when it’s threatened.

10. Drew H responds:
    Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 8:58 pm

Joe, I found you in Google for your press release from the AG, but for some reason on the BBB website your company, or any of your companies for that matter, didn’t have an unsatisfactory report. That’s crazy.

With this huge case you’d think the BBB might have 1 negative report about you guys.

I still can’t find anything. And boy is it not going to help with people looking to do business with Joe (google him) and find his blog first and see how the AG has mistreated him. Looks like the AG is stirring UP business for Joe.

Wasn’t the opposite supposed to happen….?

Posted: October 19th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Drew, there are no complaints anywhere because no one we dealt with ever complained to either the AG or the BBB.

12. Bettina responds:
    Posted: October 20th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

A while back there was a theory in business, I think it was the Peter Principal (or some such thing). It put forth that “every person rises to their highest level of incompetance” I have to say the staff of the AAG office is full of ‘Peters’.
    Or, as Forrest Gump said, “Stupid is, as stupid does.”
    It’s really a pity that your state doesn’t have people with common sense like the AG office in my home state.
    Good luck, I’m rooting for you and will certainly be reading the blog!

Posted: October 21st, 2007 at 11:10 am

Is that a knife I see sticking out of your back? Ouch!

Posted: October 21st, 2007 at 5:31 pm

The knivea went in ages ago…they’re just twisting them as much as possible! Isn’t that aginst the Geneva convention?

15. BikerJim responds:
    Posted: October 22nd, 2007 at 11:22 am

Been following this for some time now. I agree with the others, seems time to get some national media involved.

Perhaps just mentioning those who would be good to alert to your situation here, with urls included would help readers link them and perhaps speed up the process. I’ve already emailed BillOreilly.com and others, as I’m sure a few readers have done as well.

So, here’s to hoping someone with a LARGE audience draws the attention to your mess here it deserves. Nifonged………..I love it!

In fact, what about links to other AAGS etc, gone wild on your main page?

Good luck, and keep up the fight, we are all cheering for ya!
    BikerJim

16. olyguy responds:
    Posted: October 22nd, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Hi Joe,

I’ve been following your blog for a while now. What I read today made my jaw drop.

What a blatant example of misuse of power and public funds.

These emails need wide publicity and someone, perhaps our current governor, who allowed this mess to start by allowing Kringle to stay on staff, should step in and clean the dirty house that she made.

This is disgusting behavior which I would expect in Chicago but not in Washington.

The governor really needs to step in and clean this up.

Now.

This has gone on way too long.