This can’t be good

Posted December 13th, 2007 by Joe Kaiser

Are you telling me they have all been destroyed?

The email below does not exist. Apparently, it never did.

moore-food-letter-480.jpg

What follows are copies of my recent emails with Tami Johnson, Public Records Manager for the Pierce County Treasurer.

I’d requested copies of all communications between your office and the treasurer (apparently Renee is on Sandy’s speed dial), as well as copies of all communications between the Pierce County Treasurer and all other WA state treasurers.

The Thread

Hi Tami,

I am in receipt of the above requested (1012 & 1013) public records. Thank you.

These email threads you’ve provided pursuant to my request relate only to my very recent request to various other counties for production of overage documentation.

Surely, there have been other contacts and correspondence between the Pierce County Treasurer’s Office and other county treasurer offices regarding other issues (I have in my possession at least a dozen such correspondences in which Sandra Moore is communicating with both the Office of the AG and other counties, going back years).

It is my belief there is or has been extensive communication taking place between the Pierce County Treasurer’s Office and the AG, and between the Pierce County Treasurer’s Office and other county treasurers, and I again request the public record, including all such correspondence, regarding these contacts.

Please confirm receipt. Thank you.

And Tami’s response . . .

Hi Joe,

The records I provided are those that existed in our system/files at the date you originally sent your e-mail, at which time I sent notice to the entire office placing a destruction/delete hold (copy attached) until we had formalized and completed your request. No other records of our office were found to meet the criteria you outlined (between our office and other Counties and/or between our office and the AG).

Tami

And my reply . . .

Tami,

I have copies of emails exchanged between your office and other agencies specifically talking about me and my activities. These agencies include the AG and various other WA state county treasurers.

Your office is required to retain these communications for no less than 7 years and I request an immediate explanation as to why they now, apparently, do not exist.

Are you telling me they have all been destroyed? And if so, at whose request? Please advise at once as I am gravely concerned about this latest development.

Poof!

Gravely concerned, Rob, that the public record demonstrating exactly what created and fueled your investigation no longer exists.

Wouldn’t you be?

8 Responses to: “This can’t be good”

1. Drew Hitt responds:
    Posted: December 13th, 2007 at 6:59 pm

Maybe they gave the files to the CIA to hold on to. After all their documentation “accidently” got destroyed too.

It sure is going to be hard to disprove foul play. I can’t wait till August to see you cleared and your old partner get his money back, and let’s make sure that press release is Google Optimized so everyone can see it.

Apology letters to all your “victims” would be great, signed by Rob. Sounds like just punishment.

Nothing in this life is private anymore, people should know that by now. Hmm can you subpoena telephone conversations between public officials…not that would start to get real juicy.

Posted: December 13th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

Sounds like more ammunition for you. You have copies of email that they claim doesn’t exist. Why does it not surprise me that the delete button has been hit especially after that radio show on Sunday. They couldn’t dump you fast enough and listening to them they sounded like a couple of kids with their hands caught in the cookie jar.

Posted: December 13th, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Might be time for your attorney to subpeona those records.

4. HSI responds:
    Posted: December 14th, 2007 at 9:59 am

Nothing surprises me anymore about this case. It’s a “do as I say, not as I do” mentality on their part. I’m hoping the AG and staff get caught up in their web of deceit sooner than later. Hang in there, my friend. The truth will set you free!

Posted: December 14th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

Maybe Tami should check under her bed or on top of her dresser. These kinds of things can get misplaced. After all, those silly Rose Law Firm billing records about Whitewater showed up two years later when Hillary’s aide finally stumbled across them. Sigh!

Posted: December 14th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

ok, let me see if I understand how the game is played……

“It is ok for them to destroy e-mails but all hell will break loose if you destroy e-mails.” Nice, very nice….Again, very “nifongish.”

7. mike_mn responds:
    Posted: December 17th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I think you are all forgetting the possibility of the “stupidity” factor.
    You see, the “stupidity” factor doesn’t take into account that the county IT person can pull up emails after you have deleted them from your computer. Tami basically admitted that they quit deleting emails when they got the request…My guess is she meant they started saving them on thier computers…The “stupidity” factor probably never brought the idea to ask the IT person for the emails…the server logs will have all the old emails likely since the beginning of email in the county…

8. Adrian W. responds:
    Posted: December 18th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

This AG stuff would make a great song, “Tryin’ To Hide The Barrel Of A Hot Smoking Gun”……