From Behind the Mortgage, here’s how things stand in the Jordon area of north Minnesota . . .
The red pins, as you may have guessed, are properties in foreclosure.
Also, this year alone some dozen bills were put before the Minnesota legislature to address their foreclosure crisis.
Chief among them are:
- HF3612 – the Minnesota Foreclosure Deferment Act of 2008
- HF3348 -the Foreclosure Crisis Intervention Act
- HF3475 – Mortgage Foreclosure Proceedings Modifications
- HF3346 – Foreclosure Prevention Counseling, Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
- HF3474 – Mortgage Foreclosure 5-Week Redemption Period
Since you’ve seen fit to use the Minnesota statutes as a model for our new foreclosure laws here in Washington, your staff may want to fire up their copy machines and get a jump on things.
In the arena,