Smackdown 2008: Sugarman vs. Weinstein

Posted August 25th, 2008 by Joe Kaiser

Sugarman demonstrates the truth means little to him, and documents exactly what I'm up against . . .

At some point the day of reckoning arrives and we see how you and your staff operate.

Of particular interest will be the actions of one AAG Jim Sugarman, particularly in light of what Sen. Brian Weinstein has exposed.

I’ve been talking about it for months as it relates to the bogus foreclosure rescue scam complaint you filed against me, and now others appear to be joining in. I’m guessing it won’t be long before the lies and deceit become obvious to all.

Life of Brian

Your office bragged about your new foreclosure rescue law, and then disavowed it when it become clear it was a disaster.

You then attempted to shift the blame, pointing to Brian Weinstein as the person at fault. You went on to say you worked with Realtors to fight the final version of the bill, and as I’ve shown with Jim’s video from an earlier post, that’s a complete lie.

The Seattle Weekly describes the scenario as it occurred, and features Brian Weinstein letting us in on what actually took place with your office.

The attorney general’s office was involved in
every phase of crafting the final law. —Sen. Brian Weinstein

And he says Sugarman told the committee, “I just wanted to emphasize that all three of these bills are very positive in terms of helping people. I think they need to be conformed in terms of definitions and applying to both mortgages and tax sales.”

Pants on Fire

The article goes on and on and describes emails that prove the AG’s office was involved every step of the way, and notes Sugarman’s version of the voting debacle (Sugarman claims he didn’t know what he was doing and mistakenly supported the wrong bill . . . yeah, that’s much better).

Sugarman demonstrates the truth means little to him, and shows exactly what I’m up against . . . attorneys from the AG’s office who will not hesitate to lie whenever they deem it appropriate (and they deem it appropriate a lot).

sugarman.png

The second hearing, I had signed in in support
of the bill, and the reason I did that was
becauseI didn’t realize it was a striker. — “confused” AAG Jim Sugarman

Rob, Assistant Attorney General Jim Sugarman is, among other things, a liar. Just ask Sen. Brian Weinstein.

7 Responses to: “Smackdown 2008: Sugarman vs. Weinstein”

Posted: August 25th, 2008 at 10:36 pm

The wheels are starting to come off the bus…………..

2. Chris responds:
    Posted: August 25th, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Joe:

I was initially worried when you write, “Sugarman, you are a liar,” as it opens you up to a libel action.

However, on second thought, that would open Sugarman up to the discovery process so, perhaps, — bring it on.

3. Brad Crouch responds:
    Posted: August 26th, 2008 at 12:19 am

My understanding is that the best defense for a liable or slander lawsuit is the truth.

Also, I believe the burden of proof would be on Sugarman . . . to prove that he has NOT lied. I don’t think he can pull that one off.

Joe has done a good job of proving Sugarman IS a liar, in my opinion.

Brad Crouch

Posted: August 26th, 2008 at 12:30 am

Brad, I seriously doubt Sugarman wants to argue the merits of his handling of this case, particularly when it deals with telling the truth.

I have documented countless lies, so if he wants to take a shot, feel free.

Posted: August 26th, 2008 at 6:47 am

OK, so he lied. Don’t think for a moment you are somehow uncovering the secrets of the universe. So he contributed to making your life miserable. In some ways you are merely stating the obvious. Lawyer-types will lie and be evasive when it suits their purpose. The cold reality of having power to abuse at your discretion.

The real question is what can you, I, or anyone else really do about it… beyond the documentation you are so carefully constructing? Like the AG is going to investigate itself? Now there’s a knee-slapper!

6. gilroyhomesforsale responds:
    Posted: September 1st, 2008 at 11:34 pm

How about email the Seattle Weekly’s Jesse Froehling (writer of the story) suggesting he does his own public records request seeking the number of foreclosure scam complaints?

Might give him an additional angle to write about and keep this thing on the public’s radar. ;-)

Ciao!

Posted: September 2nd, 2008 at 1:03 am

I’ve requested copies of all the complaints, again, and am told there are a bunch they missed when I made the same request earlier (makes me wonder what else they’ve missed).

I’ll obtain the records and break them down so I can document Sugarman’s recent claim of “30” companies having foreclosure rescue complaints filed against them.

Should be interesting, and I’ll be glad to pass them along to Jesse.